Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Sign Its Saturday

Question:

It is hardly ever crowded and it flies the flag of another nation. What is it?

Answer:

There are some attractions that you think once you've seen it, there is no need going back. Like 'it's a small world', the Swiss Family Treehouse used to be just such an attraction. Not any more. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about it that keeps calling me back. Perhaps it is the romanticized notion of living in a treehouse. Something I still wouldn't mind trying on of these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sign. I always enjoyed the Alpine theme at Disneyland - in fact, waiting in line for the Matterhorn, listening to that polka or yodel or whatever you call it, was one of those moments I anticipated when I returned again. I don't think there's anything at Disneyland that I wouldn't see again.
I think I wrote somewhere about wearing out my copy of Swiss Family Robinson when I was a girl . It sat on my bedroom bookshelf held together by a rubber band. It was one of those Scholastic Book Club books I ordered in elementary school in the 1950-60's. It was as good as Christmas when those books came in.
I think the allure of things that have stayed the same is their ability to "take you there".

Greg said...

Debbie, nice point about the ability to take you there. While I didn't have the book, I love the film! It is probably my favorite live-action Disney film: watched it as a kid and continue to watch it as an adult.