Friday, October 15, 2010

A Blast From the Past: The Adventurer's Club

Every now and then I take a notion to plug in the flatbed scanner and scan old photographs from the pre-digital age. This is often a very slow process for me because it affords me many opportunities to reflect on days gone by. As it relates to Disney, I had one of those opportunities recently.

My first trip to Walt Disney World was in March of 1972. I was in the ninth grade. From that time several years passed before I would find myself back in the World. I wrote about that first return trip on October 13, 2007. Since then I have made more trips than I can accurately count, but there were some of those early trips that were taken with my friends Bill and Leigh Ann Staley. These were great trips! I was exploring a whole new world. Somehow we managed to find our way to the Adventurer's Club almost nightly during these holidays.

Every now and then The Disney Obsession will share some old photographs with you; some of my Blast from the Past. It will not always be Disney oriented, but it will be meaningful to some extent. At least it gives me a moment to pause and look back on what got me to where I am and share a bit of that with you. But for now, here are three scans of some early days in The Adventurer's Club. Kungaloosh!

... with Marcel

... with Pamelia Perkins, Club President

... with The Maid

A fun time was had by all!

More to follow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pamela Perkins in your photo was played by Paula Pell - she went on to be a writer on Saturday Night Live and is now a producer on 30 Rock and plays "Paula" on the show.

Greg said...

I thought I read that somewhere.

Bill, is this you?

Anonymous said...

Not this time...but I have been "anonymous" many times in the past. I can't remember my password to sign in. So...I have to remain "anonymous".