Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Doc's World - A Door

I was sharing with a friend last week saying that "Life would be a lot more fun if it wouldn't get in the way so often." This week has been one of those times. It has been a good week, but a busy week and I didn't have time to get something ready to post on Wednesday. Sorry.

I was puttering around (one of my favorite pastimes) in my office earlier this month and was taking a few photographs, all the while thinking that we haven't paid a visit to Doc's World lately. So here goes. A visit to Doc's World.
This is board I have hanging on the closet door of my home office. When we built our house my wife said I could have one room to fill with all of my Disney things. And, for the most part, I have kept things confined here. Though it has spread a bit; we both believe that every room needs a little Disney. For example, the Galleries of Light live in the living room and dining room. But most of my collection resides upstairs in my little haven, my laughing place, my "Li'l Disney".

The board holds a selection of pins, old wristbands from past events (and PI), a couple of now tarnished jingle bells with a pin saying "Believe" that I picked up at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party a few years ago, some notes to myself and doodles, and a few photos. You may see my son posing by a Photo Spot and then a little further down is a picture of me in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle in Paris Disneyland. Just below that is a picture of my daughter when she was a bit younger and my dear grandmother, Nannie. We lost her a few years ago. If fact, I was just coming off of Expedition Everest when I got the call that she went home to be with the Lord.

Then about the pins; one of my many goals is to have a pin for every attraction in the Magic Kingdom. So, I have a park map on the board and I place an attraction pin on or near the spot on the map. I still have a few pins to go.

Some day, very soon in fact, I'll show you behind that door. I am in the process of clearing it and then I'll re-purpose the space into a small studio for my drawing. I like to doodle and I like to work on pen and ink renderings. Hoping to get back to it soon.

So there you are. Just a little bit more about life In Doc's World.

No comments: