Saturday, April 16, 2011

And The Survey Says...

So how long has it been since I put up the last poll? A while no doubt. And I don't even have a photograph of the winning entry.

Actually it was February 20th when we asked the question, "If you could visit one park not on U.S. soil, which park would it be?" The choices were Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studios Park, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea and Hong Kong Disneyland. Eighteen readers cast their votes and the winner was, Tokyo DisneySea. It received 10 votes. Coming in second with 5 votes was Disneyland Paris followed by Hong Kong Disneyland with 2 and Tokyo Disneyland with 1. The Walt Disney Studios Park received no votes. Oh well.

I was one of the ten that voted for Tokyo DisneySea. From what I've read and seen in photographs, it seems like it is the most unique park on foreign soil. It offers attractions not available in this hemisphere, and that it enough for me. I will note that I have visited Disneyland Paris on two occasions; once during a holiday with my wife and once while I was working outside of Paris for a few weeks. The first visit was somewhat cold and rainy and the second was into a packed park. Oddly enough, during the years that I lived in England, I never made it into the park. To Paris yes, but never quite so far as Marne-la-Vallee. I want to go back!

Now on to a new poll.

As you may know, I love photography. I don't consider myself to be a good photographer as much as I consider myself to be a lucky photographer. But, of the things that I have been gifted with the ability to do, this is one area that I wish to focus on (no pun intended) and become better at. I want to know what it is I am doing both artistically and technically, and not simply looking at a photograph I took and say, "Wow, that turned out good." I have learned a number of things about composition and such, and I have also learned that you need to take a lot of photographs in order to get the right photograph. To that end, here is this weeks question.

How many photographs do you take during an average trip to Walt Disney World? The choices are: 1 - 199, 200 - 499, 500 - 999, 1000+, 2000+, or I don't take pictures. We'll look at the answers next Sunday.

In the words of Peter Pan, "Here we go!"

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Even on short trips where I don't plan on taking a lot of pictures, I do anyway :)

Accessible Renovations Independence said...

I enjoyed rreading this