Sunday, January 31, 2010

UPDATE: I Am Resolved

Sometimes it just helps to be accountable! I mean, if you're going to make a resolution and have any hopes of keeping, it just makes sense to share, or provide a status report from time to time. So let's see where we're at. If you need to, look back at my 01.01.10 post for the score card.

Number 7 - looking at dates for a solid week of doing absolutely nothing at all on the Gulf coast. I have to manage this against what traditionally tends to be a busy time (Labor Day week) in my calendar.

Number 6 - currently reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Yes, it is on the list and I somehow managed to never get around to reading it earlier in life. In fact this whole "Essential 100" thing has grown into a much larger project which we'll discuss here in the future in more detail.

Number 5 - my first trip to Walt Disney World is scheduled for February 26th. I am flying down for a few days to visit with a friend from the UK. We used to play in a band together in the late 90's and I have not seen him and his family since just before Christmas 2000. A short trip, yes. But it will be memorable one.

Number 4 - still taking pictures, but I am learning that when a tripod is in use, it also a good idea to use the remote shutter release. Don't trust a steady hand.

Number 3 - what can I say about weight loss? Well, I don't like being successful at it. You see, if you have no luck with one of those sucks-your-will-to-live diets, it is easy to quit. But when you've lost 12.2 pounds since beginning a diet earlier in the month, well, you just got to keep at it. I have and I am, but I sure would like a big plate of french fries.

Number 2 - for those of you keeping score, this is my 10th post for the month of January. This is landmark way to start a year and make a real attempt of making this experiment worthwhile, for you and for me. How far have I come? Well, in all of 2009, there was only one month when I had posts in the double digits - that was April and I had 10 posts. And I am not finished with January yet. But do me a favor, if see something you like, leave me a comment. If there is something you'd like to see, leave me a comment. Comments are fodder for bloggers - they are what inspire us and keep us going.

Number 1 - my family. Let me just say that Mrs. Doc, well, she is my heartbeat. And as far as my family is concerned, nothing has changed my firm belief that my family is the best part of me. Without them, I am nothing.

So there you have it. Thanks for letting me share how I am doing and I hope whatever goals you set for yourself are progressing as you like. If not, press in. Remember Uncle Walt, "If we can dream it, we can do it."

More to follow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this post. I have to say that your number 1 was soooo sweet! you seem like such a wonderful man and your family is lucky to have you! I recently found your blog and I am loving it! Keep it up!