Monday, January 3, 2011

Disney World After Dark: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Zero to Sixty in 2.8 seconds! What is not to like?

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith uses a LSM Launch (Linear Synchronous Motor) to send passengers along the 3,403 feet of track with two loops and a corkscrew. The attraction is the fastest coaster in Walt Disney World history and marks the first time that Imagineers turned riders upside down on American soil.

Two other pieces of information: the maximum G-force a guest will experience is 4.5g. That is the reason why my stomach feels as though it is being forced through my spinal column during take off. Also, at one minute twenty-two seconds, the full ride is less than one half the time you spend in the pre-show prior to boarding.

3 comments:

DD said...

hahah, it feels longer though! When you're hitting that second loop and you introduce your teeth to your intestines you might think it will never end. love the picture!Hope you're well Doc,
krissy

Greg said...

Krissy, the first time I rode it, I thought, I never do that again. But I somehow manage to keep going back. Now, if I could do the same with the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

Alicia said...

I just love this ride... the first time I rode it my knees where really sharing and I thought too that I will never ride again. The thrill is so intense and I just love doing it again and again. That funny thing is that my husband never tried it so I feel like a pro.