Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's In The Details

Most of us have heard the expression "The devil is in the detail." But did you know that this expression derived from an earlier expression which said "God is in the detail?" The idea is that whatever one undertakes, it should be done with attention to the details. The origin of the expression varies though I subscribe to the theory that is comes from French writer Gustave Flaubert who said, "Le bon Dieu set dans le détail."

The Disney parks worldwide are known for the attention to detail. And I feel that the designers, the Imagineers, have only gotten better in providing us with detail as the years have gone by. Disney's Animal Kingdom is ripe with detail. Some of my favorites are found in Asia, such as this bicycle found along the way.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this great post! Animal Kingdom has some of my favorite theming and detail work in WDW. My personal favorite area is the tale of man's relationship with the environment carved into the walls of the crumbling temple in the Maharajah Jungle Trek just before you enter the aviary. Really beautiful work that I always fear is overlooked by many guests.