Thursday, March 24, 2011

Disney World After Dark: A Wall

The Aztec Temple of Quetzalcoatl that is the primary structure of the Mexico Pavilion offers a variety of angles to photograph. Still, one of my favorite items to photograph are the bas relief carvings that greet you at each entrance. I wish I knew the story of these walls, so that I could share it with you. Sadly, I don't. But I can share this.
I'll show my age here and this has nothing to do with this photograph, other than this carving is the one found to the right of the pavilion if you are facing the temple. This is the side with all the lush vegetation. Some years ago, at one of the early International Flower and Garden Festivals, there was a small vignette of what could only be thought of as a botanist camp site. There was a small pup tent, a few cooking utensils arranged around were a fire would have been, and other miscellaneous items you'd find in a sparse campsite. I found this very intriguing. When I am feeling particularly adventurous I think of this and wonder what would it be like to spend a few weeks in a tropical location, experiencing a somewhat rustic life for a few weeks.

Does anyone else remember this little camp vignette? If you do, I'd love to find a few photographs of it.

No comments: