Saturday, November 20, 2010

And The Survey Says... Splash Mountain

The results are in and actually, I thought the vote would be a little closer than it was. I was expecting perhaps one to two votes difference, but after 18 people expressed a view on their favorite attraction in Frontierland, four votes separated first from second place. Here are the results.

Splash Mountain took top honors with 11 votes or 61%. A not too distant second went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with 7 votes or 38%. The Country Bears or Tom Sawyer did not garner any votes; but then, did we really expect them to against such strong attractions. Of the two vote getters, I am a bigger fan of Splash due mainly to its story. It is a well told story in a well-designed attraction. The only downside, I don't like the getting wet part. That is why you'll see me donning a rain poncho prior to boarding; especially if the shooter are working near the first incline. It never fails that I placed at just the right place and the water is coming in at just the right angle to hit me. Sorry, just don't for it. So, with poncho Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

For this weeks survey question, we'll pass through Liberty Square, since among the three contenders, the 999 happy haunts are almost a no-brainer. Although, there is something to be said for a journey aboard the riverboat. We'll head into Tomorrowland and ask the question, "Of these Tomorrowland attractions, which is your favorite?" We'll choose from:

- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

And... if you'll forgive me, I'll abbreviate the names (where needed) in the poll. So, join in the fun and have your say; cast your vote. And if you wish, add a comment telling us why you voted the way you did. We'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tomorrowland is the hardest one! I love the Peoplemovers, have to do Carousel of Progress, and love Buzz.. and I think Monsters Inc... is fun, too. I stuck with Space Mountain b/c it is such must-do. When I was prego, it was under construction, so I didn't feel left out, but I still had to take pics of it!

Ian said...

I agree with the result though I have not experience other attractions in Frontierland. Splash mountain is incredible at first I was really so hesitant to try it but it was worth it. I prefer to go to such destinations because it shows a lot of things.