Saturday, October 23, 2010

And The Survey Says... Wishes!

The results are in and the people have spoken! The question was asked, "Of these three nighttime shows, Wishes!, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, and Fantasmic!, which is your favorite?" And I thought it would be a tough question to answer; it is for me at any rate. But with 20 people voting, Wishes! was the clear winner receiving 10 (50%) of the votes. Coming in second was IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth with 6 (30%) votes followed by Fantasmic! with the remaining 4 (20%) votes.
I voted for IllumiNations. Although I believe that Wishes! has a much better variety of pyrotechnics and with the castle providing the canvas for the show, it is magical. But I prefer the story of IllumiNations and while they both stir my emotions, IllumiNations tends to be slightly more emotional for me. This is especially true when the score reaches the 8 minutes mark when the music slows and the crescendo builds. It is "the" moment for me during most any trip to the World ranking right up there with rides on Soarin'. They are emotional as well. But this is me. Saying all that, I will add that if I find myself in the Magic Kingdom, I will not leave until I've seen Wishes! I will not miss the child singing, "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight" or hear Jiminy Cricket say, "It's the Blue Fairy!" As she says, I do believe "we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world."

Now, to this weeks poll. In Fanstasyland, which of these attractions is your favorite:

- Dumbo
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventure's of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Snow White's Scary Adventure

Quite a few to choose from isn't it? Be sure to vote and if you're up to, stop in and leave a comment on why you voted the way you did. I'll be sure to chime in once I cast my vote.

I'll be in St. Louis next weekend on a father/son road trip, enjoying some extended time with my son. We'll look at the results once I get back.

More to follow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all wonderful - but I'm sticking with Peter Pan's flight.

Enjoy your son!

Anonymous said...

And a question - I saw the fireworks spectacular at Disneyland in CA last August. Which show would that have been?

Anonymous said...

Mickey's PhilharMagic!