Thursday, August 14, 2008

Disney World After Dark: A Bridge

I would be one of the first to admit that I do not spend a lot of time in the Italy Pavilion. Though beautiful and striking in its architecture, there is simply not a great deal that draws me into the area. But I am trying to change that.

The more and more that I go to Walt Disney World (I don't go as much as some, but quite a bit more than others) I discover that there is so much more to be seen and enjoyed. One only needs to slow down. So, I am trying to do that. I have known for quite some time that there is more to The World than "E" Ticket attractions or familiar haunts. Face it, we all have our lists of "must do" attractions, rides, shows, restaurants, and so forth. And I am no different; I am a creature of habit. But habits can change.

For example, when Mrs. Doc and I travel to Walt Disney World in September, we will be staying at a resort that we've not stayed in before. And in looking at our ADR's, our only repeat dining destination will be lunch at Les Chefs de France (I have a weakness for Soupe a l' oignon gratinee and Assiette de fromages de France accompanied by a nice Cabernet Sauvignon). All of our other reservations are at restaurants we have yet to enjoy.

So Doc, what does this have to do with Italy? Italy is my way of demonstating a need to slow down a bit and enjoy things. It is my "Poster Pavilion." It is my reminder that too often I pass hidden treasures in my rush from one "must do" to another. I am the only that does this right? And the bridge? The bridge is a destination for September 27th. I plan to slow down, walk to the middle of this bridge and kiss the one person who helps me to slow down; my wife, the love of my life.

No comments: