Saturday, March 1, 2008

How Do You Do!

Mighty glad to meet ya. It seems as though I have been away for so long. While I had the opportunity to check other favorites blogs from time to time, I was hard pressed to actually do anything on The Disney Obsession. I hope that I haven't lost many of you during my time away.

What have I been up to you ask? Well, quite a bit actually. And too, I have had ongoing trouble with my computer and our household network; which makes one wonder how did we ever manage just ten short years ago. But that is another thesis entirely.

But February has been eventful in that I have been waging a war against a cold or flu for over two weeks now. Not much fun there. During this time and for the month or so leading up getting sick, I was involved in a local production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

What does this have to do with Disney? Nothing actually. Well, the film version did star a certain pirate that we have all become familiar with. Oh, and the director of the film is currently working on a version of Alice in Wonderland for Disney. So I suppose there is a small connection.

At any rate, thank you for coming back and visiting the Obsession. And for your viewing curiousity, I offer you a photograph from Sweeney Todd. Yours truly is on the left in the role of Judge Turpin. On the right is Dan McGeachy in the title role.
Sweeney closed last Sunday, but the cast has been called back for an encore performance this coming Tuesday. So, once more into that good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! (The Sweeney Todd--not the sickness).

Welcome back...