Saturday, March 15, 2008

Disney World After Dark: Test Track

Sadly, Mrs. Doc and I were planning to move to Europe in mid 1996, so any plans to visit Disney World in 1995 were abandoned in favor of saving the money. Had I known that World of Motion would close its doors on Janaury 2, 1996, I would have found some way to make one last visit. But, I didn't. That whimsical look at the history of transportation and the image of the future represented in CenterCore are now just memories. Albiet, memories that are often refreshed with video tape every now and then.

In its place stands Test Track. After missing at least two scheduled opening dates, Test Track offically opened on March 17, 1999. It quickly became a favorite of park visitors, especially thrill seekers. With banked turns and a top speed of 65 mph, it does not dissappoint.

Yes, I still miss World of Motion. But, I have enjoyed more than a few turns on Test Track. I hope you enjoy this nighttime few.

1 comment:

Bill.S said...

At Disneyland in Anaheim, the old "People Mover" in Tomorrowland has been converted to a version of "Test Track" where the vehicles accelerate down the very narrow elevated track, then qucikly decelerate just before the sharp 90degree turns. Its actually much more thrilling than "Test Track" at WDW.