Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Going To Need A Minute Here - Part Two

The avid reader of this blog will recall a similar title on February 25th. Well, here we are again, a month and a few days, and I am on my way back to Walt Disney World. Oh, but this trip is different. This trip is the Shelby and Papa Trip! I am trying to begin a tradition by which I take each of my grandchildren to the World sometime while they are 9-years-old. In October 2009 it was my oldest grandson Devon's time. This is Shelby's time. And what a time it will be!

This afternoon she will be paying a visit to the Bippity Boppity Boutique in the castle. She'll go in as Shelby and come out as Ariel. Then on Friday morning we will having breakfast with Cinderella and a few of her friends at her Royal Table. And along the way I will get another education from my grandchildren on how to slow down and enjoy the experience of standing in line for character photographs. I will also have the experience of leaky eyes again as I see a beautiful child make memories that I hope will last a lifetime.
I will, from time to time, share our adventure via Twitter and Facebook. And a big thank you to friends on the Disney Obsession Facebook group for suggestions on character interactions and shows. It has helped me to remember things I have done ages ago but have passed by in recent years with the absence of young children by my side. I am really looking forward to seeing the Beauty and the Beast stage show again.

Is my granddaughter spoiled? You bet she is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift you are giving your grandchildren! I'm sure you both will have a super trip and make incredible memories. Enjoy every minute!