Monday, December 27, 2010

And The Survey Says... Magic Kingdom

(Note: Sorry for the late update on the poll - fighting a very bad cold.)

A few weeks ago, when I thought I'd be spending my New Years Eve in Walt Disney World, I asked you, "The Few, The Proud, The Followers" of The Disney Obsession, to cast your vote for which park you would prefer to celebrate New Years Eve in. I thought it would be fun to see where people would like to be.

Myself, my plan was to be somewhere on the World Showcase in Epcot. There is going to a second showing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth on the 31st which will bear with it a New Years Holiday tag - maybe something a bit different than the regular Let There Be Peace on Earth tag. This is just speculation on my part. But I thought it would be special to be in my favorite park, with some members of my family, perhaps a few friends, and thinking that for that moment, there is peace along with the promises of the new year.

But, that was not how everyone felt and that is more than okay. No, the very slim majority of those who voted wish to welcome in the New Year from the Magic Kingdom. And, that would have been my second choice. Here is how the votes broke down. Of the twenty people casting votes, 10 (50%) would be in the Magic Kingdom while 9 (45%) would be somewhere in Epcot. One voter (5%) chose to be in Disney's Hollywood Studios and I know that person would every bit as much fun there as we would where we are it. Wisely, no one chose Disney's Animal Kingdom and that is a good thing. That park will close at 8:00 p.m. on New Years Eve. The animals need their rest for all the expectant eyes visiting on the 01.01.11.

"Let There Be Peace on Earth and let it begin with me.
Let There Be Peace on Earth, the peace that was meant to be!
With God as our Father, brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony.

"Let peace begin with me. Let this be the moment now.
With ev'ry breath I take, let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally!
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!"

2 comments:

Greg said...

Anonymous,

First, thank you taking the time to post although you chose to not share your identity.

Second, The Disney Obsession is a blog celebrating the love of life with a little obsessive behavior towards Disney thrown in. It is not a political blog and endeavors to keep its content and comments free of expressed political views. With this in mind, I have deleted your comment.

And last, it is a sincere wish I have when I express my hopes for Peace on Earth. But I know it does begin with me, therefore, I chose, to the best of my ability to live in peace and pray for peace.

Brianna said...

Peace in earth... if there is really an ultimate dream of every one that is peace on earth. Murders, terrorism and all has been a very horrible problem for a very long long time and we have to admit it is threatening the world.