Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Obligatory Pre-MouseFest Post - Part One

Today is a special day! It is the day that I can start using that all to familiar phrase; a phrase cherished and celebrated by many a Disney geek. Today, I, and perhaps you too, can utter the phrase, “This time next week…”

This time next week I will be in Walt Disney World for MouseFest 2008. Well, actually, MouseFest 2008 (the Land portion) will begin one week from tomorrow. But I am arriving on Wednesday so that I can enjoy the evening Extra Magic Hours in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It will be my first opportunity to experience the park at night and I am looking forward to some night photography. And I understand riding Expedition Everest at night is an experience not to be missed.

This time next week I will enjoy a late lunch at the Yak & Yeti. I have eaten at the Yak & Yeti counter service on a few occasions in the past but have yet to visit the table service restaurant. I have heard differing opinions; some saying they enjoy the counter service more than the table service. I suppose I will find out for myself. One thing I do know, or perhaps I should say, one opinion that I have, is that the egg rolls at the counter service are the best egg rolls on property. I have long been a fan of the eggs rolls at the Lotus Blossom CafĂ© in Epcot (and will still visit there every trip to The World), but the offering at Yak & Yeti is far better; in Doc’s humble opinion of course.

This time next week I will cruise Downtown Disney Marketplace for my shopping overview. That’s right. Doc likes to drop a few hard earned dollars on a few pins and other assorted goodies. The goal this trip is to replace my fuzzy Mickey Dice for my rearview mirror and some clothing, including a new addition to Mrs. Doc’s and my deluxe resort jacket collection. Wilderness Lodge I think.

This time next week I will be spending my first night at the Pop Century. I am kind of looking forward to it. I will, no doubt, have some trouble sleeping as I try to calm my anticipation of what is yet to take place over the next few days.

And, lest I forget, this time next week I will be able to determine if there have been any further changes made to the Top Seven Must Sees in Walt Disney World. I thought I recognized a new voice over during the TSMM segment during my trip in September. But I feel that this merits further investigation.

Editors Note: There are two types of people in this world; those who like Stacey and those who don’t. Me? I like her. I am not a morning person but after 10 to 15 minutes of Stacey in the morning, I am wide-eyed and ready for a day in the parks.

“Look at all the lazy people on the lazy river.

More to follow…

4 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

This time next week I will be sitting in front of my computer at work, wishing I were somewhere else... At least my trip is only a few weeks away. WDW here I come!

I hope you have fun at your first Mousefest!

lorilovestigger said...

I'll be at AK this time next week too. Let me know when you get in. Have a safe trip down and see you soon!

Erin said...

This time next week, I will be checking into Fort Wilderness and decorating our site! We will be giving a MouseFest meet that night called the "Fort Wilderness Lights and Dogs Tour", going around to the best decorations at the resort, both the ones Disney has put up and the ones that the guests have done! We will conclude with a dessert buffet of treats only found in Ontario, Canada and those only found in the Delaware Valley, USA, such as spiced wafers. Then, to the beach for fireworks at the Castle and the Water Electric Parade!! I'm hoping to have a webcam set up, and will be blogging during the trip.

Thanks for the tip on eggrolls! I adore the Adventureland ones (they're the only vegetable ones I've found).

Ryan P. Wilson said...

This time next week I will be celebrating my birthday by driving over night in order to get into WDW for the Magic Kingdom's Morning Extra Magic Hours on Thursday.