Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Want To Be Like You

I grew up with The Jungle Book being one of my favorite films. I remember this as one that my father took me to see. I have several memories of this film but three in particular that I'll share here, now.

I love the song King Louie sings, I Wan'na Be Like You. Louis Prima gave a phenomenal performance. Even now, I'll be walking through the house and every now and then break out with a rousing "Ooh-ooh-ooh, I wan'na be like you-ooh-ooh."

I also like the line that Baloo speaks during the song, once he has gotten caught up in the beat, "I'm gone man, solid gone."

And finally, the vultures. "What you want to do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?" "Oh, now don't start that again."

While Devon and I were strolling through Disney's Animal Kingdom, walking from Asia to Africa, I spotted King Louie walking along a path to our right. I just couldn't help introducing my grandson to these old favoritesMore to follow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool pic. I like that there's a veritable jungle behind you as well!