Thursday, December 17, 2009

Character Connection: 1972

Tomorrow, Mrs. Doc and I head down to Walt Disney World for a few days. After attending the Candlelight Processional last year during MouseFest, I thought, my wife has got to see this sometime. When the schedule for the guest narrators was released, I knew this may be the year.

One of Mrs. Doc's favorite actors is Brian Dennehy. He will be narrating December 21-23 and we will be there; for the 21st. Dinner at Tokyo Dining, the 6:45 Processional, then a reserved viewing for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Should be a memorable day.

As for me, I will be scouting character photo opportunities. I already have a few in mind for the Magic Kingdom on the 20th. Something I'll write about later. But before we head off down I-75 I thought I would share the first Character Connection I experienced. It was in front of the Walt Disney World Railroad Station, just before entering the park for a day of wonder and amazement. The date? Sometime during the early Spring of 1972.
Mickey and I both were a bit younger then.

Please check my Facebook page and Twitter for updates from the parks.

More to follow...

No comments: