Monday, June 30, 2008

I Write A Blog, But...

...My wife, Mrs. Doc, wrote a book.

In a slight detour from the usual "Obsession" stuff, this evening I celebrate my wife! This afternoon, while at work, a lady from the editorial department stuck her head in the door, and gathered everyone from her office around. Once the group was assembled, the lady exclaimed, "Happy Book Day." With that, my wife, the real writer in our family, was presented the 1st copy of her first published book!

Contemplative by Design: Creating Quiet Spaces for Retreats, Workshops, Churches, and Personal Spaces, by Gerrie L. Grimsley and Jane J. Young will be released by Upper Room Books in September 2008. We're still holding out hope that they'll decide to rush advance copies of the book to a conference in North Carolina in mid-July. The project started there and what better place for a release event.

So, yes, this post has nothing to do with Disney, but it has everything to do with family. At this moment, there is no husband who is more proud of, and happy for, his wife.

Congratulations Mrs. Doc! What's next?

9 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

Congrats!

lorilovestigger said...

That's GREAT!! Maybe Mrs. Doc can bring me a signed one to WDW in September.

Princess Fee said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Doc!!

Unknown said...

Very cool.

Will you be reviewing the book Doc?

I bet it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am also very proud of my sister!

Anonymous said...

WOW

What an accomplishment!

We are super proud of our dear friend and all she's accomplished!

WE KNOW AN AUTHOR!!!!

Ryan P. Wilson said...

This is fantastic! I am very happy to see that 1st Book Day has finally come to pass for Mrs. Doc! Now the question, or questions, become when is 2nd Book Day for Mrs. Doc and 1st Book Day for the original Doc?

Andy said...

Wow - very excellent! Well done on the new book.

DD said...

Oh how AWESOME :) Congrats!!